A Peek Into The Primary Grades
March 19, 2019 | Lyn Cantrell
SHCA is extremely fortunate in that we have been tasked with the responsibility of educating the complete child, from 12 months to 12th grade. In today’s letter, I want to share some information concerning the primary grades, K4-2nd grade. The purpose of primary education is to ensure the broad-based development of a student. This means we are focusing each day to provide a program allowing our students in K4 – 2nd grades to develop their cognitive, social, emotional, cultural and physical skills to the best of their abilities, preparing them for their future school career. According to an article published by The Educational Council, requirements for meeting this challenge include:·
- A program that sets challenging targets for all students
- A professional school structure with good teachers and school leaders
- Parental involvement
I feel SHCA is intentional in ensuring these areas are successfully met. We are blessed to have parents who volunteer, attend events, and support our teachers with their prayers and resources. We are privileged to have primary grades teachers who are fun and love to laugh, and who joyfully tend to the tasks of children of these ages. Lastly, we strive to create a challenging program for our primary grade students. Take a look at some of the activities that are happening:
- K4 students are already blending letters and learning to read · Kindergarten students are writing and working on stories for the Writer’s Tea coming this spring.
- 1st-grade students built the wall of Jericho out of blocks, Legos, and cubes·
- 2nd-grade students are using technology to grow their math skills
While all this is happening, students are building friendships, learning about themselves and others, and are growing in knowing Jesus. The primary grades are the beginning of a journey and we are so happy to share this time with parents.
It's a great day to be a Stallion!